Monday, September 18, 2006

The Dread Pirate Bubba

Jess and I were discussing Talk Like a Pirate Day. An interesting day were one interestingly enough, talks like a pirate . I'll let the website fill in the blanks. Anyway, in the discussion we somehow happened to mix Rednecks and Pirates. You may be just now realizing just how well those two go together . To help who have yet to come to that realization, here are the top 10 ways to tell if you are a redneck pirate.

  • 10. If your truck is jacked up four feet from the ground to allow adequate clearance for the rudder.

  • 9. If your gun rack contains a shotgun that shoots shells and monkey's fists

  • 8. You use your peg-leg to hold up the car before you slip in the concrete blocks.

  • 7. You great your friends with the phrase "Ahoy Y'all".

  • 6. Your sister's pirate name is Redbeard.

  • 5. Your truck bed has a hole for the mast.

  • 4. Your pirate flag is the skull and crossbones on a field of stars and bars

  • 3. Whenever you refer to Pirate Jack, you face reverently towards Lynchburg, VA.

  • 2. Your hound dog is perched continually on your shoulder.

  • 1. The sails on your boat are flannel.

Disclaimer: I am niether Jeff Foworthy or Dave Letterman.

I also managed to watch "Wife Swap" last night. I don't like the show as it normally is, but I have to say the idea of swapping a pirate wench with an OCD mom epitomized the stupidness of the show. The show, in celebration of "Talk Like A Pirate Day" appeared to be the most honest episode of the 3 episodes I have seen. What can I say, I am against wife-swapping no matter what the circumstance.

No comments: